Country
United Kingdom
hi i have just had a new rad fitted in the lounge and one moved upstairs
by a profesional plumber .
the boiler i have says british gas 330 on it
apparently its a glowworm 30 !
when switched on a little red led flashes and comes up with the code f5
unfortunately i do not even have the instruction book or even know where
to get one from to tell me what the code means .
everything was working o.k. before , i think the plumber drained the system before and then bled it afterwards but now cant get the boiler to fire up think it's two years old but not a combi any help is much appreciated .

many thanks
tim lee

Sponsored Links
its not a combi iirc.

f5 is overheat iirc.

open up the outer and inner case and look to the top left side(i think). power off at the fused spur or you will kill yourself look at the thermistors around this area and you should see a small red pip in between the wires on one of them. push the red pip with a screwdriver blade or something. reset the mains power and try the boiler on again. make sure the pump is running and its not full of air.

none of this will make any diffference if im thinking of another boiler or fault code :LOL:

Did you say its NOT a combi?

Could it have fired up while empty if so i bet its the overheat stat?
I dont know this boiler but if you turn off the main electric supply to boiler for a couple of mins if it dont re-set auto.
take front case off and look at flow pipe on most you can re-set manualy on a small pin senser limit stat :D

Sponsored Links
just checked the MI's

f5 is overheat.

the overheat stat is top left of combustion chamber with 2 black wires. reset it as my previous post.

Sry nickso we cposted at the same time :LOL:

But i shout at my lad so often TURN THE DAMN BOILER OFF :oops:

:LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back