Boiler & Water tank issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a new build house which is 5 years old. It has an ideal boiler in the garage and a range tribune he water tower upstairs.

For the last 3 nights the tank has switched on at 6am on Thursday, 5am on Friday and it has just switched itself on again just now(1am Saturday). Any clues as to why this is happening?

Pressure needle has dropped to 0.

I thought it might be something to do with the frost setting of the boiler but 3 nights in a row at varying times I'm not sure. Seems to work as programmed during the day. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has built in frost protection, that is why it comes on - to protect itself from freezing.

Why is your pressure at zero?

Your boiler has built in frost protection, that is why it comes on - to protect itself from freezing.

Why is your pressure at zero?

Would the frost protection keep it on all night though?

No idea why the pressure is at 0. It is the guage attached to the expansion vessel which reads 0.

Sponsored Links
When was it last serviced?
Last service was in Feb)march last year. I have one booked in a few weeks. Just odd for it to stay on all night. I'm not from a plumbing / gas background. Just looking for advice before I get someone to take a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back