Boiler Whining Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a once a year issue.

We live in a new build home and have a 2 year old Ideal boiler. This morning I was woken as I could hear quite a loud high pitched whining noise. Took me a while to realise it was coming from the boiler below our bedroom. At the time it was heating the house & hot water, so I used the Nest app to stop both and the noise stopped.

I vaguely remember the same thing happening last year when the temperature first dropped considerably like it did last night and then not happening again. We were due a boiler service so decided to leave it and see what came of the service (everything was fine). We are due another service funnily enough so tempted to have a chat with the engineer then.

I did put the water back on to heat this morning as we'd need it for showers and such and the noise started again, however within an hour or so it had stopped and everything has been running fine since (both heating & water).

I'm wondering if the issue is related to pressure as when I went for a shower the water shot out of the shower head at a much higher than normal rate before then settling down.

I guess I'm asking could this be an outside temperature related issue that we'll likely experience each year and if so is it anything to be overly worried about?

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
more likely to be combustion related, you need a gas engineer or call Ideal for a fixed price repair

Hiya.

I’m having the exact same issue with my Ideal boiler. Did you ever get to the bottom of what was causing it?

Sponsored Links
Hiya.

I’m having the exact same issue with my Ideal boiler. Did you ever get to the bottom of what was causing it?
You will have to start your own post it is against site rules to hi-jack existing posts for good reason

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back