Jaguar 28 boiler whining noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, i hope someone can help me.
I have a Jaguar 28 combi boiler. For the last two weeks it has been making a whining noise in the boiler. When my heating is on, and I turn a hot water tap on, the whining starts. The whining noise dissapears while the tap is on, but when turned off, straight after that, the noise starts. I have had the pump replaced, and it had no effect on the problem. I can use the heating , but cannot turn the hot water on, and vice versa, if using hot water, cannot turn heating on, otherwise get the whining sound.

Hoping I have given enough information. I have had corgi registered engineer out for 2 hours, told me to change the pump, but he doesnt know what the problem is. I have also bled my radiators as it was suggested that I had air in them. There is no noise in the radiators, just in the boiler.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi has the fan been checked out they can become noisy as well
and if any debris is in the system with bits of solder etc as the water is passing over them it could also make a noise
and check out the plate heat exchanger
how long ago was it serviced as well as the working gas pressure should be checked

I have a Jaguar in the back of my car!

Nice little boilers too!

I think you need a competent boiler engineer! Any who cannot diagnose a fault in a boiler in two hours needs to look for another job!

Tony

Thank you for your help on this matter, i will call a "competent" person tomorrow, and hopefully this will help them in diagonising the problem

Sponsored Links
had the guy out from british gas today and he advised that its the diverter that needs replacing , thanks for all your help.

I would be surprised if its the diverter valve on that model!

But then I have not seen it and the symptoms do sound like a problem with the diverter valve.

If it was my job I would just replace the moving parts inside.

I would be suspicious of the right hand hydraulic block! There is a rare fault there which causes wining but thats usually all the time the hot water is on!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back