Jaguar Combi Boiler - constant loud whining noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently had a Jaguar 23 KW combi boiler and radiators installed. Boiler keeps whining. Installers keep putting us off with excuses. Noise is driving me mad. Anyone any good ideas what it might be. Thanks :p

Sponsored Links
Does this noise happen on central heating once it has been on for a while?

I would be harrasing the installer to get it sorted you have paid good money to have the system installed and he has done a botch job :evil: very annoying.

If neccesary you could ask him for his Corgi number ( should be on documents that he gave you after installation) and imply to him that you will be asking a corgi inspector out to check the boiiler out to see if it has been installed to current regulations :evil: . This may seem a bit harsh but sometimes it is the only way these people listen.

Good luck ;)

Its still under gaurantee so call the service line. They'll hassle the installer - or just send him the bill if it's an installer error.

Boiler only strarts to whine when it has been on for a good couple of hours. It only stops when we are running the hot water. Installer told us it's not his problem and we have to contact Jaguar the manufacturers. He refused point blank to come out :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Who gave you the invoice for the boiler? If it's the installer and he doesn't want to help, the trading standards office would like to know. If he's corgi registered they should be informed but I don't know if they intervene. Most boiler manufacturers have a very helpful technical line, they will help you diagnose the problem.

Depending on you agreement to install the boiler, you may need to pay if it is not the fault of the boiler.

You could consider legal action if all else fails.

To the letter of the law you installer is right so give plumb center a call, I may be wrong but i think the jaguar is exclusive to them. As chris says aint your problem if you call them and its the installers fault they will get him.

I say dont bother with the installer for a bit, you can get em later :evil:

Don't bother to call Corgi - gas safety issues only. From what you say it isn't the installer's fault at all. There's nothing he can do. Even if he found it was say the fan, it's not for him to change it. There is a tiny possibility he got some muck in somewhere but there's no way to know that now.

It may be a minor blockage in the boiler which is causing the nose as the water has to push pas this area. So you would need to establish if the installer had flushed the whole system several times both hot and cold to get rid of the debris that would be in the system as a result of work- bits of sold, flux, etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back