Boiler will not fire???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo there you salt of the earth!!...I have a Glow Worm space saver mk2 and my problem is that the boiler will not fire.I took the cover of the diverting valve to find one of the springs of it's hook,I put it back but still no joy,I therefor changed it thinking it must be faulty,but still no luck.I then called a plumber who had a good look arrownd and could find nothing wrong and thought that the gas valve in the boiler must be at fault;I had this checked by an engeener on the bench and found it was ok ,the plumer fitted it back ,but still no gas I chenged the themocapol myself .I also had the system looked at by an electrician who said it was ok.So,the pilot light goes out when I turn the boiler thermostat on,...there is no gas coming though to be ignited...I can hear the gas valve clicking...I have changed the thermocapol...I have changed the diverting valve and my wife is moaning about the cold.I would be very thankfull for any ideas and help that anybody might give my.thank you.

Sponsored Links
Pilot may need cleaning, adjusting or be too small - Corgi eng job. Otherwise, take a look at the gas meter when you turn it on and see if the dial turns briefly when you turn the boiler stat up. If the pilot is going out when the gas valve opens you may have a faulty meter governor - this is a job for Transco.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back