boiler will not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
halstead boiler will not fire up...after replacing the heat plate exchanger DHW the boiler will not ignite,,, it goes throught all the correct prcedures but will not ignite then goes into lockdown mode,,, its bloody freezing and ive no hot water it has been like this for 5 days,,, ive called 3 plumbers out and none can get here till monday next week can anyone help??? :(

Sponsored Links
air locked??...... slacken pump end screw and allow air out as the pump runs and then hopefully will make the flow switch and fire it up...... guessing its a an Ace High combi???....... crystal ball working??

took the end cap off and water comes out not air,,, but the boiler does not even send a spark to ignite the gas,,, any other ideas?? im starting to smell now haha! :(

why did you change the plate hex? this is probably where your problem comes from

Sponsored Links
When you say it goes through all the usual procedures, what exactly do you mean you can hear?

Re-check all the connections to the pcb, as usually these would be removed to give good access to the plate HE.

Also check the primary flow switch, it could have got some carp in it during the drain down and re-filling.

(I too am assuming, rightly or wrongly, that it is an Ace High)

thanks for all yor comments really do appreciate this,,, the plate was changed due to fluctuations in DHW during long draw downs,, the connections were removed on the pcb after installing the new plate the pcb etc all re-connected,, then the boiler goes through normal run up procedure,,, pump runs fan runs gas flows etc but no spark to electrodes that one normally hears as a 'click click' primary flow and DHW flow switches actuate at the correct time,,, at least the temprature is up to +3 i can open the doors and let some heat in! :LOL: thanks for your input do appreciate it,,

Dave its a 102 after looking at the ace high the externals are the same so im maybe guessing the internals are?? fanks

pcb fault, not connected properly or faulty. I would guess.

How do you know for certain the gas is flowing?

Could be the aps not connected back correctly so not letting the boiler continue to ignition cycle.

How do you know for certain the gas is flowing?

Could be the aps not connected back correctly so not letting the boiler continue to ignition cycle.

shouldnt say this,,, but i can light the burner manually (i know not recommended) but this goes out after the 10 second cycle,,,,

i really have appreciated all comments and thank all for taking time to drop an e mail,,, it really was appreciated really was,,, the new pcb arrived in the post this morning from keeptheheaton.com i take my hat off to them too for fast delivery and after hooking up new pcb the boiler fired up,,, bloody brilliant,,, im gonna have it on 30degrees todayhaha,,, thanks all and a very happy new year to you,,,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back