Boiler Will Only Ignite When Set To Water & Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Heatline Condense Combi Boiler.

I have had it set to summer settings (tap water heating only) for a few months and had no problems.

I needed to heat my radiators the other day and switched the setting to winter (radiators & taps).

This appeared to work OK but after I was finished with my radiators I switched the setting back to summer which is when my problems began.

I ran a hot bath which was lukewarm/cool and went to look at the boiler, the pilot light was off.

I switched the setting back to winter and the pilot light ignited, some of the display LED's lit up and I had hot tap water.

I switched it back to summer and the pilot light went out, as did the LED's (apart from the green one that indicates ON) and the hot water stopped again.

Now, if I want a hot bath I have to turn on the radiators to ignite the flame so I can warm up the tap water, but the pressure gauge needle shows between two and three during this time (I'm not sure it should be that high?).

Once I've run my bath I can switch the settings back to summer and the radiators will cool down again and the gauge will reset back to between one and two.

I have attached two pictures of when I have the settings on summer and when I have them on winter. You can see the difference in the pressure gauge and the LED's with each setting.

Any advice on how to get hot water without switching on the radiators would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Dave, my advice will not hold your hat:LOL::LOL::LOL:, let alone fix your boiler:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

that was tongue in cheek dave :LOL:
I get that, doesn't help me much.

I'm in depressing conversations with the Mrs at the moment about a 10 year monthly payment deal for a new one as we have a little one on the way in six weeks and starting to panick about house being too cold if we're let down over the winter by the boiler.

I was hoping to get some decent advice on repair prices etc somI could dismiss the prospect of a new combi.

Tongue in cheek is OK but not when there is a pregnant wife who's beginning to worry.

I get that, doesn't help me much.

I'm in depressing conversations with the Mrs at the moment about a 10 year monthly payment deal for a new one as we have a little one on the way in six weeks and starting to panick about house being too cold if we're let down over the winter by the boiler.

I was hoping to get some decent advice on repair prices etc somI could dismiss the prospect of a new combi.

Tongue in cheek is OK but not when there is a pregnant wife who's beginning to worry.
if straight forward he should be out within the hour plus the part cost so your not looking at a kings ransom ., you could try comparegasmanprices.com :whistle::)

an easy fix and shouldnt be expensive and your boiler does not have a pilot light

So a tech minded non boiler expert who thinks this boiler utilises a pilot light...
Call someone..
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit pal haha.

I was the person who called the little flame you can see the pilot light.

That doesn't mean I am the technically minded person who I would have had do the work.

Carry on people, nothing to see here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back