Ferroli Medena 80E combination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) Can anyone tell me why my boiler only works for hot water when the CH is turned off?

When a hot tap is turned on the boiler ignites for two seconds then shuts off. I have to turn the CH switch on the boiler to off, then turn on the hot water tap to get continuous hot water.

I have no problem getting hot water in the summer.

2) In winter the CH comes on through the night and early morning and not during the day or evening.

I have tried changing the temperature setting on the room thermostat but this only results in the boiler igniting for a few seconds then turning off - so no heating

I had a plumber in to look at it last summer. He did a few things - valves etc - but when turning on the CH for the winter the problem was still the same. I have tried to get him to come back, but he is always too busy.

Sponsored Links
Barbie
I have a Modena 102.
When the hot water is turned on the CH goes off & then delivers hot water,
The central heating will not come on for 3minutes after the hot water has stopped. One or the other. But I have found it is a very reliable boiler.
JonB

Thank you John for your reply.

I'm pleased that your boiler is working I just wished mine was.

The ch is not coming on. I've turned the thermostat up to 30 degrees and I've tried putting it down to 18 degrees, but it still wont come on.

I've tried turning it all off. I've tried the reset button but it iginites for only a second or two and then goes out.

So I'm sitting here now with my gas fire on or I would be shivering!

Use the search facility...modena problems have been done to death...for such a simple boiler they have a lot of problems.

Sponsored Links
the likely cause is either the heating sensor which when defective can still operate heating but upset hot water mode [ my most common fault on modenas] or you have the wrong restrictor ring fitted above fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back