Boiler wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wiring the boiler and need some help

I know where the neutral wire (black) will go

However, I am confused about where to put the earth terminals. The connector block for the earth cables is redundant so this will be removed

The black cable (leftest in the pic) is from the boiler

https://imgur.com/a/NIraf5V

Sponsored Links
The connector block for the earth cables is redundant so this will be removed

I don't understand what you mean by that, but the metal back box should have a connection to earth as should the boiler.

There seem to be a lot of wires in your photo, more than a straightforward standard 230V supply. You really need to understand the function of each of the wires before proceeding. Don't assume that a black cable is always a neutral, sometimes it is used as a switched live. It's all about understanding what is connected to the other end of each wire. If you don't know, you should engage the services of someone that can find out.

What exactly have you got with regards to cabling?

A Thermostat cable - Power in (from the ring?) and what else? Looks like four cables in that back box.

Sponsored Links
What exactly have you got with regards to cabling?

A Thermostat cable - Power in (from the ring?) and what else? Looks like four cables in that back box.
I have 3 earth cables which are joined together - all three are in one of the two earth terminals

Then I have an earth cable from the boiler (very thin wire) and an additional earth cable. I joined these together and put them in the other earth terminal.

Everything seems to be okay so far.. Touch wood! Thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back