boiler wont fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my flexicom 24 boiler wont fire
it started leaking loads of water coming from the top off the boiler through the fan.
i worked out that it was the condensate pipe that had frozen and the water had backed right up and started leaking from the top of the boiler.
ive defrosted it and now the leak has stopped but now it wont fire up its sparking but wont ignite, could water have got in the combustion camber or the heat exchanger so now wont fire because theres water in them?
if there is water in them will the boiler fire up once the water has evaporated?
any advice will be appricated its freezing need the heating on

Sponsored Links
Its difficult to guess what may have happenned but the condensate cannot fill the combustion chamber as that would extinguish combustion!

Is the boiler in a place where it could have frozen up?

Is the system pressure normal?

A boiler engineer may be needed if it does not dry out and start.

Tony

yes the boiler is pressured.
the condensate pipe was ran into a downpipe which had blocked so i think the water backed up through the condensate pipe.
and the reason i asked if water could get into the combustion chamber is because it was leaking from the top of the boiler and running down over everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back