i have glow worm 40bf boiler which won't fire pilot light ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have glow worm 40bf boiler which won't fire pilot light ok pump starts but no burner i have tested all the voltages and have 240v to the multifunction control valve but the water or the heating wont fire the pump is running and the danfoss diverted valve is working fine but the main burners wont fire for the water or the central heating

Sponsored Links
Work safely, disconnect the wires to the gas valve and check the valve coil for resistance. Your symptoms indicate a failed gas valve.

That goes without saying, but the guy was just asking for advice on what might be wrong with his boiler!!

Sponsored Links
Quite so but we are not meant to be encouraging DIY gas repairs!

If you consider my advice to be encouraging diy gas repairs, then you are just as guilty going on many of your past posts. People in glasshouses etc. if you had only waited you would have seen me giving correct advice regarding getting a repair done by a qualified person, but no, you couldn't wait for that. Such a shame. :rolleyes:

Tut tut Agile, you should have given Pete more than 8 minutes since his first reply for him to recommend hiring a RGI. Oh I do love it when the customer rings me up saying that his gas valve has failed.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back