boiler won't light

sorry missed post about acsess to pump,sometimes air will vent if left overnight good luck Damian

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler stat right down so it doesnt go to overheat as you try it as Elites have a habit of feking up completly if it trips. put lever to just hot water so pump is working on less of a circuit to push air out of the way.

DONOT touch pump isolating valves as they will not reseal and P out everywhere .
Turning it on and off a number off times should shift it. They systems usually have an auto airvent on them too

I'm not having much luck here. I haven't tried forcing water through from the mains yet. When you attach the hose to the drain valve its not very secure and I'm sure that water will shoot everywhere if I try and force mains up it. Also, the valve is on the inlet side of the pump yet the airlock is in the boiler on the other side of the pump. Would forcing mains water in actually push water through the pump in to the boiler or will it just go up to the tank?

Sponsored Links
well it took 2 days but I got the eventually!

Thanks for your help Damian. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back