Nio water out of my hot taps!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

just fitting a new bathroom.. I've just fiished all the plumbing and turned the water back on and there is no water coming out of the hot taps. I'm guessing there is an airlock in the HWT but I don't know how to clear it. Can anyone give advice on this please?

Thanks very much.

Glenn

Sponsored Links
Basically use mains water to shove hw backwards up pipe. Do a search - should reveal plenty :)

Hi are you sure that you have not broken the gate valve in a closed position when you turned it off see if the top goes round and round if its an old one they break off very easy i have just fitted a new bathroom at home and guess what it happened to me fortunately i have storage on my bathroom so i was able to drain the header tanks off through the cold tap on the bath and the cold on the shower
it does sound like thats the problem if doing the mains trick by back feeding up ther hot water pipe does not work ,
if you have not got any other feed from the tank you can syphon all the water out with a hose , or block off the 22mm tank connection from the inside while you disconnect the old valve but that can be a bit doggy if the bung comes loose once you have the valve undone

best of luck mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back