No hot water from mixer tap in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little while ago I had my conventional boiler upgraded to a combi. Since then I’ve encountered several problems with my plumbing.

One issue is that since the upgrade, my mixer tap in the bathroom has stopped giving hot water. I pointed this out to the plumbers that upgraded my boiler before they left but they said the tap must be broken (even though it worked before the install).

I’ve noticed that the boiler does not come on when the mixer tap is on hot, if that helps diagnose the problem? I thought it might be an airlock but have had no luck clearing it, next thing I was going to do was replace the cartridge. Thought I’d check with you guys first.

Thanks.

edit: no water comes from the mixer tap at all when it is turned to hot.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
turn the tap to fully cold and see if the boiler fires, if it does they have crossed the hot and cold

If you turn on all the hot taps at the same time does the mixer then get hot?

Sponsored Links
If you turn on all the hot taps at the same time does the mixer then get hot?
Also tried, no luck. Sorry, I should have specified that no water comes out of the mixer tap when it’s on the hot setting. I will edit my original post.

What kind of tap ? Thermostatic mixer ,maybe post a pic ?

Apparently it’s called a monobloc. Looks like this:

EC037FA5-4DD4-422F-BB76-4758BB7389CD.jpeg

It's either blocked , pipe/ filter or the valve. Have a look at the supply pipe work ,if Flexi hoses you may be able to swap them over easily to see if hot water flows from the cold side .

Look for a small isolation valve on the pipework behind/below the monoblock...maybe it's closed!

Have checked, no luck!

It's either blocked , pipe/ filter or the valve. Have a look at the supply pipe work ,if Flexi hoses you may be able to swap them over easily to see if hot water flows from the cold side .

Am trying this now, will let you know.

Flexi hose to hot water was blocked with what looked like tissue?! Cleaned, now all working. Thanks so much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back