Boiler wont switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need help with my boiler, It wont switch off. We have just moved in and finding one problem after another. The latest is the boiler. It is a gloworm Ultimate. We have a centaurplus C21 programmer. A gravity fed system. A hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. We have hot water & central heating. As it is gravity fed system, the ch & hw can not be controlled independantly. But they can only be turned off at the mains. From reading all the other threads I think it may be the motorised valves sticking. However I have looked in the airing cupboard lifted a few floor boards and next to the boiler and can not find these anywhere. Would it be possible that we dont have any. If so what might cause this problem. Also we have gurgling or tricking in radiators. I have bleed al rads at least 3 times and there is no air in them?!!! So what is this noise. Do we have a leak?

Please help

Sponsored Links
didnt think ultimate could do gravity ? could be a frost stat keeping it on good engineer should soon find problem

It may be pumped central heating & gravity feed hot water. We have 4 pipes coming out of the boiler, which is an ultimate 60FF

That sounds like the type of system that you have .

There is very little control of the boiler output and significant savings come from upgrading to a pumped system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tha\nks for all your input. If I upgrade to a full pumped system. Do I have to change the boiler too?

I am just above to lay flooring too. Will an upgrade to a fully pumped system involve taking up the floor. Will this reduce the trickling noises?

Hi all

We got an electrician in eventually and found that the programmer was wired up incorrectly

Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back