boiler wont work!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after the torrential downpours last night, the boiler has gone on the blink!!

the 'exhaust malfunction' light has come on..... so we're thinking a load of water has gone in the flu (is this a possibility?)

so, does it sound like i need a professional to help me out OR what are the chances of it drying out overnight and the boiler working in the morning (guessing slim, but living in hope!)

also, if i need to get someone out is it worth signing up to BG homecare and doing a call out through them?

thanks in advance for any advice or ideas,
Rach

Sponsored Links
a little info on the boiler wouldnt go amiss.wouldnt be a wb by any chance.vertical flue.

hi thanks for replying. its an ariston combi boiler.... thats about as technical as i can get!! sorry havent got a clue... :confused:

Sponsored Links
really does sound like you need a rgi to look at , you might be lucky and it works but sounds like there some water where it shouldnt be, not a job for a diyer, will need combustion cover removed to check fan/ flue inside. shouldnt be to expensive to repair but then again aristons arnt the best boiler. call a pro to check

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back