worcester 28i junior - Blinking (wont work)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have ran into the worcester 28i junior boiler problem, the button under ! sign is keep blinking and after holding it pressed for few seconds it restarts and then starts blinking again...

i turned off the boiler of the main plug for good while n then give it a try but still it wont work.

I need a professional help anyone who has ran into such problem and got it fixed or someone who knows how to fix this please dont hesitate to reply here i am really desperate got 2 kids at home! currently got one electric heater which isn't sufficient enough to our needs and being jobless for good while you can't afford to pay all these extra bills please help!

I really do appreciate your time and effort in this regard..

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming you mean the old fashioned Junior (non condensing) then the fault finding logic is pish poor. But... how fast is the light blinking?

Assuming Yes it's the old stylesou mean the old fashioned Junior (non condensing) then the fault finding logic is pish poor. But... how fast is the light blinking?

The blink is slow as 1 to 2 secs per blink
Yes it's the old style one... it was fine after it stopped working.
Just thought time mention the gauge is just over the 0 not sure if it's suppose yo be that much

Sponsored Links
you need a white plastic key to pressurise your boiler , do you have it ?

Some people leave it stuck in the boiler underneath, if your lucky it's there.

No there isn't any key there nor do i have it!

and where can i find/buy the key?

btw which one is the water pressure the left or the right one?

Thanks all for helping!
Cheers all

Dont you get the boiler serviced regularly?

Or are you a tenant?

Not all of these had the internal filling loop, so have a look if there's a braided flexible pipe somewhere under the boiler. If you haven't got one of those you can get the white key from most parts suppliers for about a tenner.

look at the post index/listings page, about 3 lines above at this time, 09.36
there are 2 stickys, one is for boilers/c.h.
go to page2 of that sticky question 16, how to fill a worcester bosch boiler,it should help you

i gave up!

Well tried lots but still couldn't do it and no key and wasted quit lots of time.. called them yesterday person was suppose to come n fix today but they took all day long to reply back and dont know if they are going to turn up tomorrow :(

I am just fedup with this thing we are new tenants at this house and this is already making me so frustrated...

thanks everyone for your help lets see what this person is going to do if he doesn't fix it, i'll get back here :) many thanks

If you are tenants the this should all be sorted out by your Agent/Landlord !

Apart from advising them its not your responsibility.

In fact if they dont respond reasonably soon then you could claim a reduction in the rental.

But be aware engineers are very busy at the moment and Homeserve are typically taking 3-4 days and even when they do come they dont always bother to fix it. ( Based on someone I went to help tonight )

Tony

Who is the person coming out, surely you could call someone else if his service is so unreliable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back