Worcester 28i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any help, a worcester 28i junior fan starts, pump starts ignition comes on but goes into lock out and the red led start flashing, testing the gas valve they read about 90 ohms on the twin solenoid and about 38 ohms on the single one, any idea what could be the problem and what should be the voltage on the solenoids? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Since the flame lights you can discount the gas valve and should be looking at the cause for a lack of flame detection causing it to go to lockout.

By the way, I dont think you have correctly measured the gas valve solenoid resistances. I would expect them to be about 1-3K.

I looked on the worcester web site and they seem to have downgraded it by removing the MI and the email address for the tech help. Can anyone else confirm my recollection that the MI for discontinued boilers were on there before?

These topics are better in the Combustion Chamber.

Tony

M I`s are still there it takes the really complicated thought process to find. :rolleyes: click into installer area then literature then discontinued boilers, then gas boilers and there it is.

thanks tony, no flame at all, the ignition, I ment the spark only.

Sponsored Links
There are a few possibilities now, all COrgis territory.

M I`s are still there it takes the really complicated thought process to find. :rolleyes: click into installer area then literature then discontinued boilers, then gas boilers and there it is.

Thats what I did and I got the user manual and a thermostat but NOT the service instructions but I am sure they used to be there.

Similarly, I recall there was an email address for tech help!

Can yuo find the MI for this model on there?

Tony

Thats interesting, I seem to have followed exactly the same route as last night but now find that its there!

Thanks anyway!

Tony

Forgive me if I've missed something but the OP is referring to a WB 28i Junior which is not discontinued. The link leads you to the 28i RSF....

check the low pressure switch top right of boiler ( if you are electrically competent if you dont know how to do it then you are not elec competent) the junior 28i is weird in that it will spark when the lp switch is open circuit.....I asked worcester why once and they could not answer me...i assume you have checked pressure in boiler

Agile . Amazing what no drink in you will let you achieve :LOL: :LOL: Not to mention missing it was a junior. ;)

Forgive me if I've missed something but the OP is referring to a WB 28i Junior which is not discontinued.

28i iwas discontinued November 2005 , the latest ones are greenstar 28i junior.

The low pressure switch could be blocked (top rright its got 2 wires to it and its circular in shape,try taking it out and see if its dirty,if you can gently push something into it and hear it click.have you linked it out

The low pressure switch could be blocked (top rright its got 2 wires to it and its circular in shape,try taking it out and see if its dirty,if you can gently push something into it and hear it click.have you linked it out

Thanks I'll try that, any idea what is the link to the service instruction?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back