Boilermate 2000 and Glow Worm - NO Hot Water/Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just found this site today - what a great place and full of good info :)

My Problem:

We have a Boilermate 2000 upstairs and a Glow Worm micro in the kitchen. (BTW I am only a little aware of what each one does.)
Basically we only get Hot water and heating sporadically. Only started to happen in last week or 2. The Glow Worm will not fire up (red light come on)and produce hot water unless we follow the sequence below.

I'll try and explain what happens.

This is the only way I can force us to get hot water:
1. I turn off the Boilermate for 45 mins, then turn back on.
2. Then about 30 to 40 minutes later the RED boiler light on the Glow worm will fire up.
3. Another 30 minutes later we will have hot water and hot radiators, however the radiators will only stay warm for about 1 hour.

If we need hot water or heating then we have to repeat the whole procedure which is mad!!

All radiators have been bled btw.

What can the problem be? I'd be so grateful for any clues.

Thanks in advance,

HK34

Sponsored Links
I would say one of two things, possibly an overheat problem with you boiler (thus the 45 mins before it will reset) or a PCB problem with your boiler ( common problem on the glowworm micron).

Its a tricky one to dianose without seeing it.

Thanks for the reply.

Would I need to call out a plumber/heating engineer or would British Gas be a good option?

Thanks again

Depends, BG will sort the problem (for a high price) or a good local heating engineer will sort it also for a lesser price. The problem is finding a good knowledgeable local corgi man.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again HarrogateGas - you don't do callouts to the Brum area per chance? :LOL:

Does anyone know how you find a knowledgeable engineer (specifically in the Solihull B94 area) apart from Yellow pages?

Thanks.

I do occasionally go to a merchants in Tamworth but I think a call out to Sollihull might make me less competitive than BG!! Sorry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back