Bolection!? Joiner Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i have a set of old panel storm doors which have bolection moulds (thats the stuff that is fitted onto the sides of the panels, a bit like architrave).

I need to find a supplier of bolection moulds to replace some damaged bits. They are different from standard moulds as they have a recess cut out of them. I need a 15mm deep one.

Any one have any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
if you can get the mouldings you want you can take out a rebate for the door stile using a table saw, router or bench planer (in my order of preference).
or even glue two mouldings together back to back.
if the damaged parts are small enough, can you (or someone with a good eye for these things) build up filler to the required profile.

otherwise you will have to find a proper timber machiners, or joiners shop that hasn't gone out of business, and bring plenty £££!

it will probably be a special as there are so many designs and bolection mouldings are hard to find at all.

could try harlow bros or brooks bros in your area

best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back