Bolier system not pressurising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed the boiler filter which had been leaking for this one today:

http://www.unventedcomponentseurope...hbujc8uFlqqJrwnTDGcGvj4_6LMlgyuyVoaAg0Y8P8HAQ

When i came to pressurising the system the water flow was very slow, as if something was stuck in the water feed.

The cold water loop feeds into the return (where the filter is).

Is the filter acting as a break on the water flow ? The direction of water on the filter is pointed upwards towards the boiler as i assume this is the way it needs to be positioned. But when you fill the system the water flow wants to go downwards and past the filter and out into the system.

Could there be any other reason for the poor flow. No issues when the other leaking filter was fitted, or is the filter installed incorrectly ?

Sponsored Links
A picture may help if you can get one.

Have you opened the 2 quarter turn isolation valves either side (black twisty lever things) are they inline with the pipe in the open position?

Is the water flow/pressure good elsewhere in the house?

Is your filling loop ok?

If you disconnect the filling loop from the return side and turn it on into a bucket is the pressure good?

Do you have a check valve on the filling loop. could be that?

i can get a photo tomorrow.

Yes valves are open. I have been running the filter open and the water comes through very slowly.

Pressure is fine elsewhere.

I took the filling loop off on one side to see if any blockage, but all ok.

I am not sure about a check valve.

Will do a photo tomorrow. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The valve on the filling loop allowed me to push the pipe in too far and so it was closing over the T section where the water would go into the loop and then the system. So just cut the pipe down a touch. All sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back