Bolts in stone or brick wall removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I had a pull up bar that my old Da made in his work. It was pretty heavy duty and held on my 6 large industrial bolts. I can't remember exactly how we got the bolts in the wall, I assume it was some sort of rawlplug for bolts..

Anyway I'm selling the house therefore taking down the chin up bar and need a bit of help getting them cut off.. Hack saw is going to be hard work and unlikely to get them flush with the wall.

When I get them off I'll just polyfill the wall best I can.

Any suggestions how to get them out/off/away?

Sponsored Links
Bash the plaster from around each bolt, then use angle grinder to cut them flush, then re-plaster the surface to make good.

Wotan

If you hammer them they will either snap or loosen and then can be pulled out

Sponsored Links
Maybe a silly question but have you tried unscrewing them with mole grips?

They maybe fixed in place with resin, they don't look like a shield anchor type fixing as the hole in the wall is too small. I'd go for the angle grinder, cut back to just below the surface of the wall then polyfilla over the remains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back