Bonding Colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Why are some pink & some gray for bonding coat plaster? It comes in the purple bags so assume all the same but for me the pink stuff is easier to apply.

Am I missing something?

Matt

Sponsored Links
It depends where the gypsum is mined.

Sponsored Links
Finish comes the same -

Sometimes we used to first coat with grey and lay down with pink, to see if we could get an all - pink wall ie the bottom coat properly flat .

Some jobs we'd mix varying amounts of pink and grey together to have different shades, just to mess with the agent's head.

Sad.................. but you knew that already

Some jobs we'd mix varying amounts of pink and grey together to have different shades, just to mess with the agent's head.

Sad.................. but you knew that already
That's just the sort of site prank I like & have done similar many times in a previous incarnation. Unfortunately, I've never had such an opportunity (in this game anyway) but I have had a mixed batch on a couple of occasions so, I suppose, I could always tease myself with it but no point really; it sounds a bit like; errm :oops: :rolleyes:

Finish comes the same -

Sometimes we used to first coat with grey and lay down with pink, to see if we could get an all - pink wall ie the bottom coat properly flat .

A sort of "grinky" colour. :LOL:

We once had an agent accuse us of doping the stuff with cement, as he had never seen grey finish before. Why you would need to dope an entire room I don't know, but anyway it took a call to the BG rep to convince him. :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
love it, wish I'd had the two colours to play with but I've never seen grey
finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back