MultiFinish - does it always dry a uniform pale pink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a room that was skimmed with MultiFinish on 19th and 20th July. Please see attached.

I've just messaged the plasterer (24 years experience) and he says it's dry and that the plaster does not always dry to the same uniform colour (he doesn't know why that is).

Is this plaster dry? Do you find that the plaster does not always dry to a uniform pale pink? You can see that one of the walls is largely the same pale pink - yet other walls in the room are not.

I'd like to get on and paint the whole house that was plastered over a month ago - but just need to be sure that the skim has dried out.

Thanks - Martin.

Attachments

• 24thAugust.JPG
    24thAugust.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Wall.JPG
    Wall.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 1,457
Sponsored Links
Hi Darrington - all walls are solid or plasterboard. Modern (ish) 1990 house. The external corner wall pic is plasterboard. The other pic with the window is block/brick cavity and the wall adjoining that is plasterboard -as is the ceiling.

Cheers - Martin.

Thanks for that Martin. Multi Finish does not alway dry out to a uniform pale pink. It can dry out to darker and lighter shades of pink as in your photo's. On plasterboard walls, it does seem to dry out a lighter colour. It's hard to tell from the photo in the other room. The ceiling has dark marks in it to, along with the plasterboard wall adjoining the brick wall.
I'd say it was dry all over, but the only way to be sure would be to use a damp meter.
Another trick you could try would be to use a hairdryer on a small area, to see if it goes lighter with a small amount of warm air onto it.
Let us know how you get on

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying Darrington. Tried the hairdryer - no change. In fact - the walls in the pictures shown have been the same colour for the last two weeks. The pictures are in fact from the same room. The external corner is mostly pale pink - yet the other picture is not. It's a skim coat that's had over a month to dry. Time for the mist coat!

Cheers - Martin.

Sounds good then Martin. If there was damp, the hairdryer trick would have definetely shown it up by drying it out and changing the colour. As I said, i've seen plaster dry out in various shades of pink with no problems. If it was damp, it would show up very dark and you'd also feel it was cold and damp. On with the mist coats then Martin. Lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back