Bonding in an ensuite shower room addition question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ensuite has a shower, basin and toilet. If all the plumbing is plastic except for a short piece (15cm) of copper pipe that connects the plastic pipe to the 3kw electric handwash water heater,will that need bonding and if so what is the most discreet way to do it.

Sponsored Links
just to clarify if you are using hep pipe and it connects to copper somewhere then you will not need to bond it as there is not a path to earth on the pipework, if it is run all in copper then yes bond it.

Sponsored Links
Water supply enters the bathroom via blue poly pipe, then short length of copper to accomodate a stop cock then plastic all the way to the water heater except for 15cm copper bit connecting the plastic pipe to the heater.

hi

i guess you r thinking you need to bond that piece of copper with the stopcock on but that would not be required as the pipes are plastic either side,
only if the whole install is copper would u bond

Thanks that is clear now. I was going to connect the cpc of the water heater to the piece of copper but I won't bother.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back