Bonding on gas supply.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend of mine has just contacted me after discovering her gas supply has been disconnected. Engineer didnt say anything, only when she went to cook realised no gas! He's put on paperwork 'Disconnection due to bad bonding'. Its a HA property, so surprised it wasnt picked up before on inspections, but is this legit reason to disconnect gas supply?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
No.

Yes the gas meter/pipework should be bonded within 600mm of meter and before the first tee in the pipe work, but should only be reported to customer/landlord and a bonding notice left on site.

Just to comfirm the gas supply has been disconected due to the fact that there is no electrical crossbonding to the meter ?????

no crossbonding to meter is not to current standard's (N.C.S ) , no reason to disco' gas supply , there must be some other issue ????

I'll see what I can find out, she's only going on the paperwork thats been left. Not happy as he didnt tell her anything, she's got a hungry teenager and toddler, and the HA offices are shut until 9 a.m. tomorrow.....

Sponsored Links
phone the people who cut off the gas and demand that they restore it (if there was no safety issue) no bonding is not a valid reason. very few reasons are valid

for one disconection. AR or ID has to be with consent.if ID and no consent, then the gas transporter has to get involved.either way.to leave summit disconnected,without reason is gonna land the person in hot water.thats why warning notices have to be issued to cover the persons arse.

contact the contractors out of hours number and demand that someone comes out tonight to reinstate the supply or they will be hearing from your lawyer

Thanks to all who replied. I told her to ring the emergency out of hours number and kick up a stink. She hasnt come back to me with the result, will post any further developments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back