Slight gas leak

If you live in northern gas networks area they use united utilities and you've no chance of having a cooker removed. They are under instruction not to. Most won't hunt for the leak now. Drop test fails and capped.
CO alarm goes faulty battery and they are told to cap off.

Sponsored Links
If you live in northern gas networks area they use united utilities and you've no chance of having a cooker removed. They are under instruction not to. Most won't hunt for the leak now. Drop test fails and capped.
CO alarm goes faulty battery and they are told to cap off.
What's wrong with that? It's an emergency service.
When the firemen leave, you don't complain if they don't mop up or redecorate, do you?

What's wrong with that? It's an emergency service.
When the firemen leave, you don't complain if they don't mop up or redecorate, do you?

No no you mis-read me ben sorry, Im not complaining about them, was just saying compared to the NG lads someone was saying earlier who took the cooker out it doesnt happen up here anymore.
Most of them are my mates and used to do everything they could to keep the supply on and help people, just the mandate that came down the ladder changed that.
I agree with you and indeed experienced it myself about just turning off I was just making a comparison between areas.
I know lads there who used to remove cookers and fires to cap off such as with birds behind fires etc, especially during winter to keep the heating on, its just a shame they arent allowed to anymore.
It makes no odds to me what they do!

Sponsored Links
I see what you mean Dave. Probably all due to every company and every section getting targets. Customer service has been reduced to lipservice. :evil:
I am sure there are plenty of guys that really regret not being allowed to help people out.

Lot of older guys also kicking themselves they never picked transco over centrica at the switch. 30K for doing practically nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back