bonding ontop of plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had an extension and now have a gap across the cavity into my new room. the old wall plaster on brickwork also needs to come out about 10/15mm before the skim so i think my plaster will put some bonding on it first. To bridge the gap across the cavity i was going to dab some plasterboard on level with the extensing plasterwork. Will this be ok for my plaster to also put a bonding coat ontop at about 10mm, then he can skim the lot level.

I can't really bad it on at the correct depth because the existing wall is not level top to bottom.

Sponsored Links
It’s normal to use cavity closers on the reveal & then dot & dab one, or preferably, two layers of plasterboard over that prior to skimming. As your wall will no longer be external, you could just close the cavity with PB; Bonding is suitable for PB but I would consider doubling up on the plasterboard as an alternative, you may find you can bring the level out so all it requires is a skim; if you do double up, keep the 2 pieces of board tight against each other so there is no gap in between.

ok thanks for the advise, ill try to double up. with regards to the reveals i did here it was best to double up on the boards but if i had double up it would be too near the beading on the upvc window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back