Bonding plaster and tiling so much confusion.....pls help

Gcol. You are no plasterer. You can tile on to bonding - you tell us all why you can't please.

What I'm telling the poster is that if tile adhesive won't stick to bonding then neither will finishing plaster. That's a fact. Care to prove otherwise? The Tech dept at Unibond say exactly the same. Are you saying they are wrong too? :rolleyes:

library definition of a diy`er or not? well the label says............leave the tradesmen to get on with what they know if I was you

Sponsored Links
Gcol. You are no plasterer.
I never claimed to be. But in the same way, neither are you.

You can tile on to bonding - you tell us all why you can't please.
I already have if you read the post.

What I'm telling the poster is that if tile adhesive won't stick to bonding then neither will finishing plaster.
Not true.

That's a fact.
No it's not.

Care to prove otherwise?
Care to prove your statement to me?

The Tech dept at Unibond say exactly the same. Are you saying they are wrong too? :rolleyes:
What exactly do Unibond have to do with someone else's product? As you have said many times, listen to the person that makes the product - i.e. British Gypsum. They say not to tile onto base coat plaster - that's good enough for me.

They told the poster that he could. That's good enough for me.

Sponsored Links
When the argument is lost - the abuse begins.

When the argument is lost - the abuse begins.
Think about it like this; you get a lot of abuse on this forum - is that because you are always correct and know better than everyone else or because you are a pratt? Personally, I think it's the latter.

The original poster has contacted British Gypsum in regard to their product.

British Gypsum have confirmed that the information I gave is correct and the information you gave is not correct.

So who's the prat? (you can't even get the spelling right :rolleyes: )

Do you know, this ignore button does work. I thought that even after I'd "ignored" someone, I would still click the link to see what was actually being written. However, in your case, I couldn't give a toss any more. Result! :LOL:

Do you know, this ignore button does work. I thought that even after I'd "ignored" someone, I would still click the link to see what was actually being written. However, in your case, I couldn't give a toss any more. Result! :LOL:

gcol puts his fingers in his ears, closes his eyes and goes la la la :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back