bonding,tiling....lots of advice but which is correct????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, i am new to forums and alike so be gentle with me pls :)

Ok here goes......took tiles off in the bathroom, some plaster and bonding came away as well, it was blown and not secured to the breeze blocks :( so i used pda on the breeze blocks, got some bonding plaster and re-plastered where it came away(maybe i should have used browning?)

I was hoping to tile straight on to the bonding plaster like i was told i could but on looking around the web i have seen many conflicting stories...some say tile on it others say it will absorb water from the adhesive and the tiles will fall off, So i thought i would pda it then tile some say this is ok others say that it will only be bonding to the pda and if it got wet then it would revert back to a sticky solution and the tiles would fall off again....however on the adhesive it says pda the wall 1/5 parts....so as you can see i am really confused.

I have very little room to play with but would it be better if i were to do a very thin skim over the parts that i plastered? thing is i could only get away with about 1mm thick would this be enough.

Finally the bonding plaster is drying nicely all be it with cracks, is this normal or have i done something wrong again :(

All advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
Callard.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back