Boot stuck shut!!!???!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Iv got a bmw coupe (95 model) and last week i closed the boot (slammed it a bit) and its not opening back up again. I have tried the C/Locking many times and i can hear the mechanism moving but its just not activating the boot lock at all. I have also tried using the key but its doesnt work it either. Iv climbed into the boot from the back seat and gave it a spray of wd40 and tried messing bout with the lock and still nothing.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what might be the problem and possible course of action?

cheers, Alan :)

Sponsored Links
sorry i can't help with this one but if you call the aa or rac they may be able to help with an idea or two, have you called your local bmw dealer and asked the service manager (there are usually ways to over come these things, i've opened nissan, vw and toyota boots in the past but not bmw so can't give you specific help)

good luck with it anyway!

kev

try leaning on the lid whilst operating the release mechanism

another idea if nothing else is forthcoming
is it not possible to remove the back seat and gain acsess to boot and the lid mechanism at least if you can you can get impotrant things out till you get it fixed dont know if it would work though

Sponsored Links
Park it up in Birkenhead.
Walk round to the shop and buy a paper.
On your return the boot will have been opened for you, as well as the doors. As a bonus your wheel nuts will have been loosened and removed along with your radio.
:LOL:

Back