bootlace

Not fiddly at all with the right tool, failing that a 2" round headed nail works just as well for sliding them over cable ends. (Its amazing what you have to do sometimes on site! :LOL: )

Too slow! :LOL:

Those plastic 'tube' type toothpicks also work well for small CSA wires, but are not too easy to find onsite!

Sponsored Links
2" round nails aren't either!
Thats why I always carry a few in my box!

If you use good quality markers of the correct size then no tools are needed at all.
I always use Partex PA1 series which covers conductor sizes of 0.75mm2 to 4mm2.

You could use coloured heatshrink over the crimp ends if you need to, if there's a real risk that crimp size ID might get confused with conductor ID.

You can also get clear heatshrink for attaching labels with.

However no-one technically unaware should be anywhere near anything crimped as it should all enclosed and inaccessible without the use of a tool.

These are a good idea too but a bit fiddly to use.

They're not fiddly at all as long as you use the ferrule tool to get them on to the wires and don't **** around trying to use a screwdriver or fingernail!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........... :oops:

Sponsored Links
An example could be terminals for a 3 phase motor though I would find U, V, W to be more appropriate.

Nothing to do with R, S, T cable markers but coincidentally I'm sat directly in front of this!

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTYtMjAxMDA2MjktMDk0N.jpg

when you've put hundreds of these on a day for 6 months, you don't need no stinking tool to get them on..
it does help if you cut the wire on an angle rather than flat faced..

Nice and easy to put on at this time of year but in the winter I found storing them in your gob for a while helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back