Borrowed light in stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I posted this in the woodwork section but perhaps I wasn't in the right section for replies.

Has anyone got any experience of this or done similar?

Thanks...

I've got to build a stud wall between my bedroom and my ensuite and someone suggested that putting in some borrowed light (natural light) from the bedroom would make the ensuite that much nicer.

I think they are right and it would work well. What are the glass blocks like to install in a dry wall? Any ever done it and what's their experience of it?

Or..... has anyone even simply glazed some glass into a dry wall giving the same effect?

The wall is going to be 1600mm wide and 2600mm high.

I'm not sure how much of it to make glass but the idea was to perhaps make a line of glass bricks at the top perhaps 500cm down from the ceiling.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
cheers t/m......be aware the mechanical fixings often turn out to be more expensive than the glass blocks! :confused:

Yeah I've just found that 6 block will be £60 ex vat and delivery which takes it to......

£110 inc vat and delivery!

I'm looking into getting a fixing system and the blocks from other sources.... that company seem very expensive!

Is it really worth using the 'easifix' system would you say?

You seem to pay a premium for it but it does look pretty good. Do you have any other suggestions for a cheaper install or is it worth buying the easifix one?

BTW - I got the price wrong earlier.... it looks like it's just over £70 for 6 blocks delivered including all the fixings and including VAT. (sorry about that! must have had soem stuff in the shopping cart already!?!?)

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back