bosch 1200 exxcel washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our 1200 exxcel washing machine has stopped working today, any help would be gratefully received.

main fuse ok, power to machine, but no display of any kind, cycle had only just started that is filled with water & started to wash.

i have checked the filter & pump, removed a bent up hair clip but still not working.

machine is 7 years old.

thanks

kp115

Sponsored Links
Think your going to have a problem unless you have a test meter.

Is the door locking, if not try closing door and have a fiddle with the handle to see it engages the catch.

Look for burnt wires on terminal block, follow where mains lead goes in, check suppressor.

You know? you have live to the machine can you check for neutral return?

Good luck

Colin

door catch is engaging, checked power with test stick as meter was u/s as in cold van may be working today when it should be warm enough.

mains cable enters rear of machine to an encapsulated component is this what i should be testing, also are you saying isolate & test continuity of the neutral back to the spur?
thanks.

kp112

Sponsored Links
Door catch engaging, Locking? (can't open door)

With your test meter you will be able to see if you have neutral return, ie 240v across live and neutral, but then if door is locking it must be there!

Yes I have had suppressors going o/c

Good luck

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back