Bosch 1200 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You seem to be a well informed bunch I hope you can solve my problem. My Bosch 1200 washing machine won't spin. It does everything else fine, fills, drains, tumbles - it just would do the spin cycle. I checked the hose and impeller and they are clear, the motor looked fine but I changed the brushes anyway - still no good. Any suggestions where I look next ?
One last question are these machines covered by a one or a two year warranty ?

Thanks - pp

Sponsored Links
will it drain on its own , ie drain only program

possibly pump jammed , undo the front panel filter cover at the bottom and see what is in there

How can it drain if the pump's jammed :?:

An easy thing to check: are all the wires OK on the multi-plug connector to the motor. It's prone to a lot of vibration.

well i ask the question can it drain
because if not the pump is possibly jammed
a bosch wont spin unless the wash water can drain away

seems pretty simple to understand :?:

and defo the 1st place to start on a bosch :!:

Sponsored Links
Cakeman - I don't want to get into one of those points scoring threads but I think the OP established that the pump is going in his first post
ie: "It does everything else fine, fills, drains, tumbles .."

An easy thing to check: are all the wires OK on the multi-plug connector to the motor. It's prone to a lot of vibration.

Even though I disconnected the block connector to remove the motor a further ger-ger-giggling (Arkwright quote !!) seems to have done the trick. So all's well that spins well.

Thanks for the replies lads.

photopro

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back