Bosch 1400 Exxcel Washer (WFO2865GB01) spin problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Bosch 1400 Exxcel Washer (WFO2865GB01). After 6 years of use the motor stopped working so I checked the brushes. They were worn out. One was dull in appearance with the copper wire beginning to show. I changed them. After the change the machine does the wash part of the cycle ok but does not spin. It gives up during the ramp up phase. When trying the spin only program the timer starts at 11 but then jumps from 10mins remaining to 1. I then cleaned up the commutator. This resulted in a slightly longer spin but the timer still jumps. Although this time it is from 8 to 1.

I have checked the resistance of the pin pairs (numbered as per the terminal block)

Pins 1 and 2 = 1.3 ohm
Pins 1 and 3 = 1.2 ohm
Pins 2 and 3 = 2.0 ohm
4 and 5 = 3.8 ohm
6 and 7 = 23.8 ohm
Pin 8 no connection

On this machine there is a wire going to pin 1. In other posts with resistance values there is no mention of pin 1. What is the purpose of this wire? Should pins 1 and 2, 1 and 3 be a circuit or is this a short?

Does this machine use a motor capacitor? If so, where is it located? I cannot see one on the motor.

Any help is much appreciated.

There are various numbers on the motor (listed all as not sure which is the model number).
5500 006818
1BA6765-OEA
K1-F
129.60104.12j
20228A
B25503777C
129 60102

Sponsored Links
I have fixed the problem and the machine now spins :). For the benefit of others these are the steps I took.

1) I stripped the motor and gave it a good clean.

2) Both brushes were fitted the correct way round. Having examined the new brushes after testing I noticed the angle of the bevel on the new brushes is slightly different to that of the old. Also only 1/2 the brush thickness is shiny so it appears the brush does not have a good contact. I found filing / sanding the brushes rather hit and miss. It is difficult to get the correct shape so that the majority of the brush surface is in contact with the commutator. So I cut a strip of wet n dry, poked it into the motor on top of the commutator with the rough side up. Then inserted a brush and pushed / pulled the wet n dry paper across it. This sanded the brush to near enough the perfect shape. I then repeated the process on the other side with the other brush.

3) Also one of the brush holders had a lug that was sticking out. This was preventing the brush moving freely in the holder. I have bent the lug in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back