bosch 28CDi water valve & pressure

ddd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This morning I raised the pressure on my Worcester Bosch 28CDi Combi boiler to about 1.2 (for the first time, i am new to this), by following the instructions manual and also this thread

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=260138#260138

However, I still needed to bleed some radiators, and I did. The problem is that the pressure went down back to 0 after this, and now I cannot raise the pressure again! The water valve does not 'open', or water is not flowing (I cannot hear the 'sound'). I keep turning the valve (anti clock wise) endlessly but nothing happens. Why?! I just did it 2 hours ago and now I can't. Is it something silly I am missing or have I broken something?

thanks
ddd

Sponsored Links
if you can turn the valve endlessly, it is gone. the original bosch ones have a clear beginning and end for the movement. they are designed to be used without force and are known to give up when you use them without due care. more bad news i am afreaid. if you had so much air in the system that the pressure gauge went down to 0, you should make sure you know where the water is going and do something about it.

Are you sure that the little grey knob is actually turning the spindle.

They are a bit crappy and tend to spin on the shaft.

yes, the grey knob is turning (I've taking it out and checked that the flat side of the internal white knob is turning).
it looks like the valve may be gone,as there's no end to the turning. I dont think I forced it though! Where's the water going? good question. I have no leaks as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
Pull off the grey knob & try to gently turn the white spindle with a pair of pliers. If this works you will just need a new knob if not you will need a charging link assy which can be tricky as they have being modified

Where's the water going? good question. I have no leaks as far as I know.

They have not read what you said and you have apparently forgotten that you "bled the radiators" yourself.

Its amazing how many people cannot associate bleeding with a loss of pressure!

Tony

thanks to all,

It's funny (well, it's not really) 'cos there was a leak after all (and dont ask me who's to blame (':oops:')

logically, it made sense for the pressure to go down after I bled the system,though I guess people thought the loss was too extreme...and they were right.

regarding the boiler pressure knob, the plumber says the 'link' is broken, and that the piece is hard to find nowadays (they dont do them anymore,great!!).

On the top of all this, every time we switch the dishwasher on, the electrics mains switch off. This started to happen around the same time as the boiler problems. Could they be connected? Could the low water pressure in the boiler have an effect on the dishwasher? something like not enough water making the dishwasher to turn the electrics off. PLumber says it shouldn't...

There are plugs to block the connections if you take the Worcester filling link off, you can then install a universal filling loop between cold and return. I would be surprised though that Worcester would not supply parts for such a recent model. Try contacting their customer support.

regarding the boiler pressure knob, the plumber says the 'link' is broken, and that the piece is hard to find nowadays (they dont do them anymore,great!!).

nonsense. they are quite available from any of the usual sources.

the top of all this, every time we switch the dishwasher on, the electrics mains switch off. This started to happen around the same time as the boiler problems. Could they be connected? Could the low water pressure in the boiler have an effect on the dishwasher? something like not enough water making the dishwasher to turn the electrics off. PLumber says it shouldn't...

if the dishwasher is tripping the electrics then turn it off until you get it checked. it must be shorted somewhere if its doing that.

thanks. Sorry for my late reply...

Plumber is taking ages to come back with replacement, so i am gonna phone him and ask him for the exact name of the part, and then check myself if they have got it in bosch customer support.

Regarding the dishwasher, it runs ok as long as the central heating is not on.As soon as you have the two of them functioning, the mains goes off...any ideas?

ok, for a while i thought the dishwasher was going to make it, but it didnt, regardless of the central heating. I better have it checked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back