bosch 28i, upgrade to wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother in laws new bosch boiler is fitted with a mechanical timer but no thermostat. She has to keep turning the heating on and off. As I understand the timer is fitted with a connector and just comes off.If I get a compatible wireless thermostat is it just a case of taking off the timer and replacing it with a compatible wireless thermostat/timer. If so will I be able to get one at a bosch supplier?

Sponsored Links
Who installed it? It should have had a room stat connected to comply with the Building Regulations? Get the installer back to fit one FOC (and in a sensible location - not in kitchen or near boiler or radiator). Otherwise report him to Corgi (I assume he is registered?) and your local Building Control people. Do you have a Benchmark record of the installation?

Unfortunately It turns out it was a friend of her neighbour who didn't even leave a receipt.I'm trying to find out who he is but he doesn't answer his phone.Oh dear! but as everything seems to be in order I would still like to install a RF digistat

gord115 said:
... as everything seems to be in order ..
But is everything in order?

1. She hasn't got a room stat (as required by Building Regulations)
2. She doesn't (I think) have a condensing boiler (as required by BR).
3. She doesn't have a Benchmark record of installation (as required...).
4. The Boiler wasn't commissioned properly (as required...).
5. The system wasn't flushed (as required...).
6. The installation wasn't notified to Building Control (as required..).
7. The system wasn't cleansed and inhibited (as required...).
etc. etc. etc.

If your MIL has chosen to deprive properly registered, competent installers of the installation work in order to save a few quid, why should we now help her out, free of charge?

Sponsored Links
chrishutt
well said ,
generally the case................. people want a *bish bosh /cheap as chips* install fitting job , when it falls to pieces /breaks down they then whine /scream ,lol..lol..lol.lol...lol ;)

The 28i is a standard eficiancy boiler and should not have been fitted after july 2005 without permission , if it is the standard 28i then a wireless room stat/timer is not a plug in option but you can get a 230V to remote timer that can be wired externally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back