bosch 28si 11 boiler rattling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my bosch 28si has started making a rattling noise and it's driving the wife nuts i have found out where the noise is coming from its from the top of the boiler at the back, there is what looks like a copper pipe with some kind of brass valve attached to it and that part feels loose and it's vibrating off metal surround ,if i wedge something between the two parts it stops.
i know it's not ideal wedging something in there but it was just to check if that would stop the noise, i could call out british gas as i have a repair contract with them but i have had problems with them before ,they will say that noises are not covered and tell me there are no longer parts made for my boiler etc
any ideas please.
thumbnail_IMG_0967.jpg

Sponsored Links
i could call out british gas as i have a repair contract with them but i have had problems with them before ,they will say that noises are not covered and tell me there are no longer parts made for my boiler etc
well why are you continuing to pay them then ?

That is an automatic air vent, if wedging something in there stops the noise , you wont damage anything

they will fix the boiler if it breaks down but wont fix a noise, last time the fan went they kept spraying it with some kind of oil and it would run for a few weeks and die again ,they did eventually put a new fan in but only after about 4 visits for the same fault.

Sponsored Links
yep turbine oil, Im afraid BG are very poor value for money , the service they provide is terrible and will constantly try to flog you a new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back