28si II does'nt like new upgraded mains pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,

hope someone can help me with a WB 28si II,

just back from Hols and the local water company have upgraded the water main in my street.

I now have great cold water mains pressure, but there is a constant gurgling noise from the 28si ,(literature says DHW max 10Bar)

Also when I turn on the 28si the boiler kicks into life(fires up ) with no taps or CH on !!

if I then turn on a hot water tap the heat varies and pressure is poor if tap is then turned off the boiler still keeps firing and I have to turn it off at the 28si on/off panel switch to stop it ,(guessing it's seeing constant flow though the turbine ??).

The hot water pressure is very low all over the house non existant upstairs , and to make things even worse ,the CH system (1.5 bar, looks ok) will only kick in if the mains stopcock under the sink is closed !!

I system is about 18 mnths old if
anyone can giv me any pointers, i.e is the DHW system pressure fed thru the heat exchanger,could the upgraded mains pressure have blown something ?

Thnx

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have a leak in the hot water distribution pipes out of your sight.

Have you tried turning off the water inlet to the boiler?

Have you looked under the floor?

Tony

Hi ,

thanx for comin back to me ,

No I have'nt checked the floor as pipes are buried in concrete,I've tried turning off the mains water to the boiler and the ch works fine , only when I turn on the mains water can I hear a whooshing sound comin from the boiler
roond about the piping area for the DHW inlet.

Thnx

Forgot to mention theres an isolation valve on the incomin DHW valve when I use it to isolate the mains water as opposed to the stopcock under the sink the whooshing stops and this isolates the mains DHW

,does anybody know if the water sound is maybe the DHW feed going through the Heat exchanger in an abnormal way ?

If you leave your heating off for several hours you might be able to measure the increase in temperature of the floor around the DHW leak.

An IR thermometer will probably be needed.

You might also be able to hear the leak with a mechanical stethoscope.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you leave your heating off for several hours you might be able to measure the increase in temperature of the floor around the DHW leak.

An IR thermometer will probably be needed.

You might also be able to hear the leak with a mechanical stethoscope.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I think your right there may be a leak just where the DHW outlet comes out of the boiler and goes into the floor because the noise is so loud it's been hard to pinpoint tomorrow I'm going to dig that spot up ande check the connection from memory (when the boiler was installed) I'm pretty sure the plumber used a copper platic push on fitting to the copper downpipe .

Let you know how I go thanx again :confused:

Hi Tony,

just thought I'd keep you posted it was in fact a leak where the Hot water outlet goes in to the concrete floor just below the boiler,

because it was also behind a floor standing kitchen unit .the noise was reverberating up into the boiler area and sounded like water rushing thru the Heat exchanger

Got the floor dug up and managed to make the connection good, many thanx for everyones help especially Tony.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back