Worcester 28si II - very low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm after a little advise, or a pointer to some info which I'm sure is already out there somewhere (I've had a look on here and a general google search but cant find the answer I'm looking for).

I recently discovered the radiator in my lounge wasn't working any more, I suspect it might be the thermostat valve. This reminded me I should probably go round and bleed all my radiators which I haven't done for a while. Most bled as soon as I opened the release valves but I found that with a couple upstairs air initially came out and then nothing, no more air or water.

I read a few posts suggesting closing the valves off on the radiators, having the heating system on and then opening the radiators again, but this has made no difference and if anything they heat up less. I have no found that the pressure on my boiler is very low, its almost 0 when the heating is off and about 0.4 when the heating is on. I understand I need to repressurise the system, but I just cannot work out how to do this. I have a Worcester 28si II boiler, and I've looked through the installation manual but it doesnt really cover this. Under the boiler I have a piece of flexible pipe, I think is might be what I need to use but I'm not sure.

I would like to try and get this repressurised myself, but I will get someone in to take a look if I really have to.

Any guidance would be appreciated, I've added a couple of pictures to my album for reference (not done this before but hopefully its visible - //www.diynot.com/network/linus1/albums/).
[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back