worcester 28si boiler pressure at 0.4ish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler (worcester 28si) pressure has dropped to 0.4. Where on EARTH is the valve to get the pressure back up please??? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should have an external filling loop. This is usually a silver braided link about a foot long linking the cold water mains to the central heating flow or return pipes. It is usually located directly under the boiler but sometimes you have to root around under worktops, in cupboards etc. Just hope some kind joiner hasn't boxed it in! :evil:

Thank you sooooo much Geoff. Located it behind cupboard by unscrewing cupboard back! Would never have looked there..... pressure now back up to 1.5, boiler making a whiring noise but hope thats normal !!! thanks so much again.Lisa x

The whiring noise could be a bit of air in the pump. It should work its way out. Try bleeding the upstairs radiators in an hour or so and top up the water pressure again if necessary.

Sponsored Links
you are an absolute star...thank you for taking the time to help out! You have restored my faith in human nature!!!

The last time I gave a woman some advice on plumbing she ended up connecting the gas to her new hob herself !!!

I took her out to dinner last night though and spent much of the time explaining earth bonding and ring main testing !

Tony

I took her out to dinner last night though and spent much of the time explaining earth bonding and ring main testing !

You charmer! I bet she was putty in your hands. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back