Worcester 28si question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Worcester 28si. Ive noticed that my hot water is very slow coming out of the tap. Is there an adjustment to remedy this?

I have a pressure rating of 1.5 bar when CH off.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
WHat's the flow rate? Should be about 10 litres a minute.
Might be scaled up if it's a hard water area. Easy to clear if you have the right kit...

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but ive not a clue what you are talking about. How do I check this 'flow rate'?

And how how do I descale if it is hard water?

Sponsored Links
I think you may need a CORGI boiler expert !

Tony

Is it slow out of all your hot taps or just one ? are you cold taps ok you may just have low pressure from your mains . Is your main stopcock turned on fully ???

yes the main is super (cold). Its just the hot water and i know that is controlled by the boiler..

TOPSURV said:
yes the main is super (cold). Its just the hot water and i know that is controlled by the boiler..

welll kind of

look as tony says you dont have a the foggiest get some one in who does, to get anything from advice that we could give you you must a least have to know the principles of a combination boiler.

well that was worth joining the site for..to be told to get an expert!FFS

I understand the princples of a boiler. If you cant suggest a remedy with a bit of detail instead of being so vague about your answer...hold on a minute, you dont work for British Gas or a Local Council do you?

p.s thank you to Chris R - Tomy. The only ones with a bit of know-how!

and who the hell is tony??

TOPSURV said:
well that was worth joining the site for..to be told to get an expert!FFS

I understand the princples of a boiler. If you cant suggest a remedy with a bit of detail instead of being so vague about your answer...hold on a minute, you dont work for British Gas or a Local Council do you?

p.s thank you to Chris R - Tomy. The only ones with a bit of know-how!

and who the hell is tony??

well seeings as you ask Chris "Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but ive not a clue what you are talking about. How do I check this 'flow rate'?"

I kinda of thought that MAYBE your knowledge of Combi boilers is lacking?? as it is a 101 question

So I would say that you DONT understand the principles of your boiler

I just dont want you hacking into something you should not and doing more damage than necessary and maybe endangering yourself and others

sometimes DIY just dont cut the mustard and you need to either

1, read a lot and understand
2, pay someone to do it for you.

no need to get shirty BTW

Have you checked the filter in the water switch?

Have you tried adjusting the flow adjuster on the flowswitch?

WHat's the flow rate?

I think that you need to get a boiler expert to fix your boiler for you.

Tony

I find it amazing that I cant seem to get a simple answer to my question.

This site is useless!!

If I had a clue what the problem was why the hot water is slow...WHY WOULD I ASK ON HERE?! If I knew what it was I would just fix it wouldn't I..FFS!!

I will ask an expert because there is none on here!!IDIOTS!

If the hot water flow has got worse than it use to be on all the hot taps it is either going to be a filter on the cold inlet to the boiler or the heat exchanger in the boiler.

You seem unable to understand that to even start to consider what the problem is its necessary to measure the DHW flow rate.

You have been asked to do this several times but you have done nothing.

All you can do is call some of the industry's leading boiler engineers "Idiots".

Apart from Tomy, you should not expect any of us to help you when you are not prepared to help yourself.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back