Worcester 28si question...

TOPSURV said:
Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but ive not a clue what you are talking about. How do I check this 'flow rate'?

And how how do I descale if it is hard water?

As is quoted above, I have tried to ask how to go about doing this, but still no-one can tell me. Give me some instruction on how to check the flow rate and I can 'help myself'. Other than tell me to check the flow rate the only other advice from 'leading boiler experts' is to get an expert in. It doesn't take a fair minded bloke to understand when something may be wrong 'CONSULT AN EXPERT'. I just thought before i did that I would put it to some of you....IS THAT NOT THE REASON THERE IS A FORUM SET-UP HERE? TO GAIN ADVICE!!!

Tell me how to check the bleeding flow rate and I will!!

Sponsored Links
TOPSURV said:
TOPSURV said:
Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but ive not a clue what you are talking about. How do I check this 'flow rate'?

And how how do I descale if it is hard water?

As is quoted above, I have tried to ask how to go about doing this, but still no-one can tell me. Give me some instruction on how to check the flow rate and I can 'help myself'. Other than tell me to check the flow rate the only other advice from 'leading boiler experts' is to get an expert in. It doesn't take a fair minded bloke to understand when something may be wrong 'CONSULT AN EXPERT'. I just thought before i did that I would put it to some of you....IS THAT NOT THE REASON THERE IS A FORUM SET-UP HERE? TO GAIN ADVICE!!!

Can you tell me why you think "look it would be better to get someone competant in to do this for you" is NOT advice?

To check the flow rate buy yourself a flow cup

or replace the DHW heat exchanger its probably scaled up.

C'mon corgi give him a break, or has your flue brush broke and vaseline run out :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

TOPSURV said:

Err.... 10 litre bucket and a stopwatch.. sorry, I know this sounds incredibly difficult but I'm sure you can do it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
C'mon corgi give him a break, or has your flue brush broke and vaseline run out :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am starting to really like that flue brush ;)

most fun I have had for years I tell ya

:)

'if you take the thing out of the thing and clean it out, replace the thingy with a thingy and the test the thingy then that might sort it for you'

or

' if you get this thing and go about this test in this fashion you should get this reading and then you can stick this thing in here and around there and bingo'

This is an example of the type of advice I was looking for!

no matter now I have been told with concise instruction what to do from a friend off another site!

Thanks for your help! im off for a bath...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back