Bosch ceramic hob flashing minus sign

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had Bosch ceramic hob, PKE 691E 02 E for 13 years and it's been faultless, until now! I now have a flashing red minus symbol next to each hob control. Tried switching power off and on at the wall, none of the hob controls will operate, but nothing eliminates the fault. Any help/ suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks.
_20220525_150301.JPG

Sponsored Links
Locked? My Neff does that when the child lock is engaged.

Thanks for the reply but it's not the locked symbol although I have tried the unlocked procedure. None of the controls work, turned off for over half an hour and on again but no change.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have followed that link and the only thing they'll do is arrange an engineer visit. Can't find any advice there. We are in the process of selling the house so fixing rather than replacing is the preferred option.

Update - ok, so turning the power of and on again causes the "minus" symbol to flash very rapidly, the flashing then slows down and stops (about an hour) at which point the hob is usable, I've had all four rings going. If left unused the lights eventually start flashing again and the hob cannot be used! So frustrating as the hob is obviously working properly except for this strange fault.

Electronics. Nothing to beat them. We had to get rid of an 8 year old Siemens condenser dryer a few years back because the board had failed and started coming up with an odd fault. Siemens were no help and eventually an independent repair guy told me that the boards tend to fail at the 6 to 10 year mark and as they were about £300+VAT the dryer was generally not worth repairing. I was in half a mind to rip the damned thing out and replace it with an industrial PLC and reprogram it myself (the PLC would have been £200 and experience in the past has shown them to be good for 15 years on a production line). Good luck with your fault

Last edited by a moderator:
Does sound like a board fault, were Bosch offering a fixed price repair or was that just a call out fee. If the former then probably worth having it done by them, if the latter then probably new hob time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back