Bosch classix fridge freezer-replacement light not working (2 pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have replaced the bulb and checked the light switch button at the bottom of the fridge section.
all look ok,but not working.

Any ideas ? Thanks

Ad
fr light .jpg

Attachments

• fr button.jpg
    fr button.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Have you tried the rocker switch just in front of the light?

I seem to remember that on some models it's a fast freeze switch, on other models I believes it operates the internal light so that it stays permanently on but at half power. Which wouldn't explain why the light didn't work at all, unless the switch was in a mid position maybe?

Is it an Edison screw build or bayonet type or something different all together. If it is the screw in one then probably either the rear terminal has lost it's spring & will need bending up slightly (ensure power is disconnected before trying this ) or the screw threads are contaminated & not contacting the bulb properly, you will need some contact cleaner for that. If it is another type of lamp you will need to establish if it is getting a supply

thanks jj ,its a screw type but how do you access the rear terminal,cant find any manuals online.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the new lamp is OK? Not unknown new lamps to be duds.

Screw in lamps may need some force to turn them to make proper contact.

Fair point Harry,but Ive checked that (Its the same as my oven bulb) , hoping its the rear terminal referred to above.

thanks jj ,its a screw type but how do you access the rear terminal,cant find any manuals online.
It will be at the bottom of the inside of the lamp holder that you screw the bulb into.You may need to grip it with a very fine point pair of tweezers or similar & pull it up gently. If you cannot see it perhaps it has snapped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back