Bosch Classixx 6 washing machine tripping rccd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters Washing machine is tripping the main rccd. If I leave the door open, select a programme, it doesn't trip. As soon as I close the door, it trips. I took the top & back plate off expecting to find something damp, but it all looks fine. I thought it might be the water switch simply because it is water, so I took the 2 plugs out of that, but it was still the same.

What next to check??

TIA
Jim

Sponsored Links
Update -

Just spent the last couple of hours disconnecting various bits until it stopped tripping. finally, when I disconnected the motor, it stopped. Put everything else back together exept motor, and it didn't trip.

The machine is about 5 years old, and as they have a 4 month old baby, decided that a new machine is probably best, as it gets some hammering with baby clothes.

Check the carbon brushes on the motor and if they are really worn, then that would be tripping the electric. Just take one out (power off of course) and if it's less than a centimetre my money's on that.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back