Bosch Condensing Tumble Drier Cutting Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tumble dryer is around 4 years old and a year ago noticed that it is cutting out at random points during the drying cycle. The reason for cut out on the display is a fluff filter or heat exchanger issue.

This model (after reading reviews) is notorious for this problem and did a little bit of digging online. Suggestions were to clean out the sump at bottom of machine so it’s free of debris and give the pump a good clean. Took the whole pump unit out and inlet and exit points were not clogged at all. I was hoping it was this but while the machine was in bits I cleaned every other part of the machine including the fluff sensor and the sensor inside the drum.

I have put this back together and it’s still cutting out. I’m trying to work out which sensor it could be before buying one and hoping it works! Is there any suggestions what it could be or what to check for?

I also manually checked pump operation by filling the sump with water and seeing if it emptied out the pipe when switching on and all seemed normal.

The model is Bosch WTB84200GB

Sponsored Links
Silly question but for clarity have you run the heat exchanger under the tap and given it a good rinse?

Also there is two airflows on a condenser have you cleaned both pipes to ensure good airflow over the heat exchanger?

From memory that error normally refers to insufficient airflow causing the dryer to overheat and trip out

Silly question but for clarity have you run the heat exchanger under the tap and given it a good rinse?

Also there is two airflows on a condenser have you cleaned both pipes to ensure good airflow over the heat exchanger?

From memory that error normally refers to insufficient airflow causing the dryer to overheat and trip out

I have cleaned both airflows to the heat exchanger yes and also just took the back panel off to see if the heat element was blocked up but was all fine. I have seen the airflow from the rear of the machine and the front of the machine is all clear and I am now thinking its one of three sensors. Either the sensor on the pump mechanism is faulty which senses the water level in the sump. There is another sensor downstream of the fluff filter just before the heat exchanger itself and then there is the moisture sensor in the drier itself. Its working out which one is causing the fault that is the issue!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back