Bosch dishwasher - fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have finally managed to repair my ageing Bosch Logixx Maxx dishwasher (model No SGS69A02GB/20) after some hours of trying, so I thought to report it here in case it may help someone else save a few coppers.

For a while now the dishwasher has not cleaned at all properly, has taken a lot longer in its cycle, and indeed has not completed it's cycle but stopped at 1 min to go, while quietly gurgling to itself.

Browsing the web revealed this to be a common set of complaints.

I knew my dishwasher was basically sound, it was filling, heating, washing, emptying, just taking a lot longer than normal and doing a poor job of cleaning. This gave me hope that it was something simple amiss.

First try was to remove the electronic control module from inside the door, as there had been many reports of bad solder joints on this item. Although there where some slightly suspect joints to be seen, and I did re-solder them, it didn't solve the problem.

A bit more research, and I found out how to access my dishwasher's diagnostic cycle. This reported an error code of 4, an error with filling. I already knew that there where 2 micro-switches concerned with the filling, one on the float and one on the diaphragm, but both had checked out ok at a first look earlier. I decided to have a closer look, hmm plenty of lime scale around that area, was it causing a subtle problem?

It was easier than I thought to remove the unit that contained the float and diaphragm, the large labyrinth/heat-exchanger had to come off first but then it was simple. Taking care not to get water on the micro-switches, I scrubbed off as much lime scale as possible with an old toothbrush.

Well my dishwasher is working just fine now, as good as new, cheers!

Sponsored Links
Well done Ricky. It just goes to show what a little patience and application can do. What you haven't mentioned is that the sheer exhilaration and feeling of achievement more than makes up for the grief we all get from the missus for turning her precious kitchen into a mini workshop. :D

How did you access the diagnostics and where did you find out how to do this ?
Many Thanks...

Sponsored Links
The way I did it was to hold down both the Auto and the Eco buttons simultaneously, and whilst doing that, press the power button to bring the machine on.
The lights above those buttons began to flash, this indicates that diagnostic mode is active I believe, then to start the diagnostic wash cycle you press those same two buttons again and close the door. Takes about 20 mins to complete and shows a number in the display afterwards, 0 is no error found, 4 is for a filling error. There are other error codes too.
I came across a web page detailing the error codes and how to access the diagnostic mode for a number of Bosch dishwashers (not mine though) and with a bit of trial and error found the right key presses for mine.

http://www.brunswick-ga-appliance-repairs.com/dishwasher-error-codes.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back